If you've looked into home security systems, you probably know that they all come with monthly fees. This is for the monitoring service provided.
But there's another home security option that starts at ZERO fees per month, and Lighting Supply carries it. It basically allows you to monitor your own home whether you're on site or not, and this is done with the Maximus combination smart light / camera located at your home's entrance.
Other smart light options exist but, as far as we know, they all carry monthly fees. And even the paid options for the Maximus light (features powered by the Kuna app) start at lower rates ($4.99/month).
To be clear, the Maximus smart security light isn't a total home security system -- it doesn't monitor glass breakage (windows) or movement inside the home, and it doesn't contact a security team or the authorities on its own if there's a break in. But as long as you have an active WiFi connection, this light and camera system gives you an affordable way to add protection to your home and offers other benefits as well. Here's how:
* The camera records any movement it captures and stores this for your review. The free account stores this for up to 2 hours so you can review and download recent events (up to 3 downloads each month). Paid accounts store recordings for up to 30 days and provide unlimited downloads.
* You get an immediate alert by smart phone or tablet when it starts recording so you can use the app to either watch or interact with anyone at your door.
* Interacting with visitors includes the ability to hear and speak with them, play pre-recorded messages, or sound an alarm (loud!) and call 911 ... all from the app, no matter where you are. So it's flexible for use with package deliveries, friends who have stopped by, and those who might have more nefarious purposes.
* There are no wires to cut or batteries to die. The system runs on the same wires -- behind the fixture -- that run the light itself, inside your wall. It would take as much work to cut the wires as it would to cut the lights on any porch, and by then they'll have been on camera.
* It controls your porch light. Through the app you can set on/off times, or choose a dusk-to-dawn feature, or have it only turn on when it detects motion. Any of these options ensures you have light for the camera to record movement.
Lighting Supply is working to bring you the latest in lighting technologies, and we think smart security lights like these represent a smart protection option for your home! You can buy them here.
Did you know that June 23 is National Pink Day?
Hey, we don't make this stuff up, just like we don't have to make up National Fruitcake Toss Day (January 3), National Nothing Day (January 16), or National Dadgum That's Good Day (March 1). Others have already done this work for us.
And "pink" is probably a whole lot more relevant. The color is all around us, and its national day is meant for celebrating the things that pink represents.
According to the National Day Calendar, "Surveys were taken in both the United States and Europe with results indicating that the color pink combined with white or pale blue is most commonly associated with femininity, sensitivity, tenderness, childhood and the romantic." They suggest celebrating by wearing pink clothes, consuming pink food or drinks, or donating to charities that use pink.
They forgot pink light bulbs.
These days it's becoming more popular to light an outdoor colored porch (or garage) bulb in support of different themes. Green bulbs for veterans or St. Patrick's day for instance; orange bulbs for Halloween; blue light bulbs for honoring police; etc.
You can pick up pink light bulbs online from Lighting Supply. We carry them in a number of different bulb shapes (including the familiar A19 style) and ship them same business day to make sure you have them on time.
Popular Blog Posts
Direct Wire LED Tubes vs. LED Tubes w/ Ballasts
Do LED Bulbs Interfere w/ Garage Door Openers?
Your Guide To Finding the Right Bulb
Replacing Your Fixture's Glass Shade
LS Case Study: Washtenaw County Road Commissions Upgrade to LED Lighting
How to Light Your Warehouse Effectively