But there's another home security option that starts at ZERO fees per month, and Lighting Supply carries it. It basically allows you to monitor your own home whether you're on site or not, and this is done with the Maximus combination smart light / camera located at your home's entrance.
Other smart light options exist but, as far as we know, they all carry monthly fees. And even the paid options for the Maximus light (features powered by the Kuna app) start at lower rates ($4.99/month).
To be clear, the Maximus smart security light isn't a total home security system -- it doesn't monitor glass breakage (windows) or movement inside the home, and it doesn't contact a security team or the authorities on its own if there's a break in. But as long as you have an active WiFi connection, this light and camera system gives you an affordable way to add protection to your home and offers other benefits as well. Here's how:
* The camera records any movement it captures and stores this for your review. The free account stores this for up to 2 hours so you can review and download recent events (up to 3 downloads each month). Paid accounts store recordings for up to 30 days and provide unlimited downloads.
* You get an immediate alert by smart phone or tablet when it starts recording so you can use the app to either watch or interact with anyone at your door.
* Interacting with visitors includes the ability to hear and speak with them, play pre-recorded messages, or sound an alarm (loud!) and call 911 ... all from the app, no matter where you are. So it's flexible for use with package deliveries, friends who have stopped by, and those who might have more nefarious purposes.
* There are no wires to cut or batteries to die. The system runs on the same wires -- behind the fixture -- that run the light itself, inside your wall. It would take as much work to cut the wires as it would to cut the lights on any porch, and by then they'll have been on camera.
* It controls your porch light. Through the app you can set on/off times, or choose a dusk-to-dawn feature, or have it only turn on when it detects motion. Any of these options ensures you have light for the camera to record movement.
Lighting Supply is working to bring you the latest in lighting technologies, and we think smart security lights like these represent a smart protection option for your home! You can buy them here.