Win a Green Light Bulb
Leave your response to this blog post by 2 p.m. EST on Friday, November 6, 2015 for a chance to win a green light bulb. Three winners will be selected that day and, if we hear back quickly with addresses, we'll ship the bulbs that day in hopes they will arrive in time for Veterans Day on 11/11. See Contest Rules below.
Walmart is sponsoring a new initiative to "Greenlight a Vet," recognizing the challenge that veterans have as they transition back into civilian life. And they say that we have 250,000 veterans making that transition every year.
The idea is that "greenlighting" something means giving it the go ahead, getting it to move forward. And the goal here is to help veterans with finding jobs or developing the necessary skills to do so; also to help them integrate by spending time volunteering locally alongside veterans.
The initiative suggests that veterans are "more camouflaged than ever" when back in civilian clothes, but while we may not recognize them in our day-to-day lives, we can let them know that we're aware of them and wanting to support them by using green light bulbs on our porches.
Veterans Day is November 11, and we'd love to see this visible support being shared with our veterans. So we're raising awareness with this post and giving away three green light bulbs to folks responding to this post. Please let us know what you're doing to support vets. Or how a veteran has personally made a difference in your life. If these don't apply, then tell us why you love green ... or just let us know you'd like to win a bulb. We'll approve all appropriate responses and randomly choose three winners (assuming at least three responses to the post) on November 6 so we can try getting them the bulbs in time for Veterans Day.
Sure, we've given away more expensive prizes in the past. But this one is symbolic, and we hope you'll join us in this discussion!
1) Lighting Supply Company (sole sponsor of this sweepstakes) is giving away up to three green incandescent light bulbs (of either 25 or 40 watts, chosen by the winners). One bulb each will be given to three winners, assuming we receive at least three responses to this post. If fewer responses are received, then one bulb will be given to each responder. If winner fails to choose wattage, we will send a 25-watt bulb. Value of this prize is under $3 and cannot be substituted for any other prize.
2) Must be 18 or older and reside in the United States to participate in this sweepstakes. Bulbs will only be shipped to valid U.S. addresses.
3) No purchase necessary. For a chance to win, simply add a response to this blog entry with a valid e-mail address no later than 2:00 p.m. EST on Friday, November 6, 2015. All responses not deemed “inappropriate” (as determined solely by us) will be approved for publication on our blog and will be entered to win a bulb. Limited to one entry per person.
4) Odds of winning are determined by the number of approved responses to this blog entry. Winners cannot be employees of Lighting Supply Company or an employee’s immediate family member.
5) Winners will be determined on Friday, November 6, 2015 after 2:00 p.m. EST by random number generator. Our determination of the winners using this method is final.
We will contact the winners through their provided e-mail addresses to request their mailing addresses. Responses received no later than 3:30 p.m. EST on Friday, November 6, 2015, will have bulbs shipped that day via priority mail. Responses after 3:30 p.m. will have bulbs shipped at a later date. We cannot guarantee delivery dates.
If a provided e-mail address proves invalid or we do not receive a response from a winner within 3 business days of our e-mail to him or her, winner forfeits prize and Lighting Supply may, at its discretion, choose another winner randomly. Final winners will be announced on this blog entry by replying to their blog responses, or in a new response to this blog by Lighting Supply Company.
6) By taking part in this sweepstakes, you agree to abide by these Rules.
Popular Blog Posts
Direct Wire LED Tubes vs. LED Tubes w/ Ballasts
Do LED Bulbs Interfere w/ Garage Door Openers?
Your Guide To Finding the Right Bulb
Replacing Your Fixture's Glass Shade
LS Case Study: Washtenaw County Road Commissions Upgrade to LED Lighting
How to Light Your Warehouse Effectively